CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vacation is a-coming

Since Andrew and I made the mistake of signing up for a trial timeshare membership we are stuck with using it this year before it expires in September. Thankfully the timeshare is at least in a good place. Hawaii! Oh boohoo us, right? Well, yea! $2000 later and twice as much expensive than us booking flight and hotel ourselves we will find ourselves traveling to The Big Island in July.

We have the room so far. I decided to go all out and use as many points as possible. Our room is a 2 bedroom townhome at the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village. I did the research before I booked and chose this resort because it received 4.4 out of 5 stars on reviews by others who have stayed there.

Nestled amidst the striking greens of 36 holes of championship golf you will enjoy eight swimming pools and eight hot tubs all within a 5 minute walk to Keahou Bay. One bedroom Villas and 2 bedroom Townhomes range in size from 1000 to 2600 sq. ft with private lanais-fitness facility-multiple tennis courts-water features-gas BBQ grills and full service activities desk. All two bedrooms are condo style units with two stories.


This luxury style two bedroom two bath townhome has a complete kitchen-dining area-sitting area-private lanai-king size master bed-two twin beds in the guest bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in living area. It sleeps six very comfortably. Home theatre system



























Not bad, not bad I must say. We are excited. This will be our first time to this island and our first time with such nice accommodations. We have yet to book our flights though. I am waiting for the prices to go down a bit. Right now the cheapest flight out is $750. That's just the flight. Ay Dios mio!!

Let me put this into perspective for you. Last year for the 3 of us we paid $1800 for flight and hotel for the week. This time the room itself is $2000 and as it stands the flight for the 3 of us is $2250. In other words this vacation is going to cost us $4250 at the total minimum for flight and room. I am not happy about that! To top it off I looked online to see how much it would have been for this particular resort with flight for the 3 of us....$3432. We are spending $818 more! So on I go awaiting a price drop in airline prices.

Mistake made, lesson learned. No timeshares for us! Awesome vacation ahead.

2 comments:

Allison Holmes

I HATE CHOO!! not really... but i really do :)
Vacation can't come soon enough for me this year and I miss the islands!!! Too bad about the timeshare thing though... they really know how to suck people in!

Kasi

I'm jealous of your vacation Allison!!

Post a Comment

Comment if you like. I love comments!