CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Andrew's Surprise Party

I threw Andrew a surprise party for his 27th birthday on March 28th. It just came to me one day that we finally had room for a big crowd so I invited all his friends and family. Almost everyone showed up! I think only one couple wasn't able to make it but they told me in advance. The party was a hit!

The appetizers included fruit with an amazing fruit dip that Roxanne showed me how to make, a new found recipe for crockpot meatballs, chips and homemade guacamole, a cheese, cracker, and meat tray, and...hmmm...I'm sure there's more but man oh man was all the food good! Let me tell you the meatballs and fruit dip are party favorites two times in a row now. For actual dinner, we bbq'd hamburgers & hot dogs.

Most people showed up on time and I asked them to park on other streets so Andrew wouldn't be tipped off. I had asked Andrew's brother to keep him away while I did the last minute shopping for the party and set up. He did an excellent job with Katie's help. Once I gave the all clear for Andrew to come home CJ & Katie kept giving me updates on their ETA. When I heard they were close all of us at the party hushed up and gathered by the door. Andrew opened the door and everyone yelled SURPRISE! and some thre pillows at him. His facial expression was priceless. I totally forgot my camera at that point! UGH! He was completely surprised he told me. He said he had no clue!

From there the party went into full swing. There was some dancing..I think myself and Roxanne, drunk as all hell were the only ones though! LOL! Everyone mingled and more people arrived. It was amazing how fun the night was.


















When it was time for the cake, this is what I brought out.........



How awesome is that cake?! I have to say that in all it's awesomeness it was all for looks. It turned out that the frosting was like a foot thick so it made it almost impossible to eat. Oh well. It looked great! LOL.

So, Andrew's party was my first indication that I can throw a kick ass party! Everyone seemed to have a good time! The food was good, the people were great, Andrew was surprised, what more could I have asked for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you like. I love comments!