CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

One very short yet very long trip

Oh man, who would have thought anyone can do what we did a few weeks ago.

My ex's dad, his dad's girlfriend, and his grandmother flew out to Vegas.  Since we're not too far from Vegas I decided it would be a perfect time for Suraya to see her family.  Actually I still consider them my family as well.  I may have married the wrong guy but I married into the right family.  We hadn't seen them since 2006 and that was under very sad circumstances.

We left Friday right after work and headed to Vegas...a 3 hour drive.  We got there around 9:30 pm.  Suri hasn't been there in years so she wanted to see all the sights.  We took her out that night to see the lights of Vegas.  Ummm, I forgot that the Sahara is FAR from the strip.  We walked and walked and finally got back to the room and to bed around 1am or 2am but not before I discovered that the McDonald's there has a 50 piece chicken nugget family meal!  Oh gosh...I was in nugget heaven!


                                                     In the car headed to Vegas

                                                    On the strip


                                               

Saturday we woke up bright and early and met up with Sidney, Allison, and Dot and the rest of the gang.  We headed out at about 7am to our first destination:  Hoover Dam.  Now I have lived here most of my life (Cali) and gone to Vegas multiple times but I have never been to the Hoover Dam nor did I even know it was so close!
                                                                



After about an hour at Hoover Dam we headed out to the Grand Canyon.....4 hours away.


We did some sight-seeing...OK like an hour!  Haha.  We drove 4 hours just to say we've been to the Grand Canyon!  We left around 3pm and arrived back in Vegas at 7:30pm


                                                                  Nap time!



After an exhausting trip it was time to show Alli & Sid the lights of Vegas.  We had Suri so no gambling or crazy nightlife for us.



So in one day we went to Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, and walked around Vegas....our day started at 5:30am and ended around midnight...then we left the next day for a 4 hour ride homw.  Whew...we were EXHAUSTED from all that driving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you like. I love comments!