CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Bedroom makeover #1

I completely forgot to take a "before" picture of my bedroom.  But it looked something like the picture below of the oak bedroom set.  Mine was a lighter color and more fancy and a bit nicer but you get the idea. The light colored wood and country look hasn't been my style for awhile.  I bought that bedroom set 8 years ago and I loved it back then.  My tastes have changed. 




We hadn't done a thing to our bedroom.  It disgusted us actually.  We didn't have a nice comforter and sheet set and no decor on the walls.  Our room was just BLAH until we decided to do something about it.


A few weeks ago we bought a new bedroom set.  We bought this bed:

 and this media chest:



We chose not to buy the rest of the set 1) to save money  2) to have room to move around in the bedroom  3) because we plan on doing other things for storage purposes  4) because I have a better idea!


We decided to paint as well.  FINALLY!  I have never in my life painted...ever!

Here's what we have done so far....



Next will be putting up floating shelves next to the bed as an alternative to nightstands.  Here's an example:

I'm excited to be getting my room finally put together.  It was so depressing before because it just wasn't "me" anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you like. I love comments!